New Laptop


I know, I know, it has been ages since the last post. But my laptop crashed and the new ones are sooooo expensive. So I tried out this new "laptop" for the summer, and it has been amazing.
Peaceful, contemplative, and relaxing. 
 Thought I might never blog again. 
And disconnecting from the whole social media scene gave me an opportunity to reconnect with an old friend.
"Art is the signature of man." GK
GK has lots to say about my new hobby. Did you know that he attended Slade School of Art? That is a coincidence in more ways than one. There is no end to my fascination with that man.
"Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere." GK
"The average man cannot cut clay into the shape of a man; but he can cut earth into the shape of a garden; and though he arranges it with red geraniums and blue potatoes in alternate straight lines, he is still an artist; because he has chosen." GK
He explains my desire for order and beauty, and renews my sense of wonder with creation,
And explains why Madonna and Child paintings intrigue me.  Reading Chesterton, practicing painting techniques, and meandering in the garden.....
What a beautiful way to summer on the Gulf Coast! Takes my mind off of laptop withdrawal, the monsoon season upon us, unfinished home improvement projects, and lesson plans waiting to be written for September.

But alas, dear son works for Apple and he has been itching to get this homeschool onto an iCloud for the longest time. So he made a deal that couldn't be refused. Now I have a real, new laptop.
With the teens at camp and the littles at VBS- I have time to watch a gazillion tutorials about transitioning from a PC to a Mac, and digitally enhancing photos/drawings with Corel Paint and Photoshop Elements.  So much to do and summer isn't long enough.  So much to learn, and this lifetime is soooooo short.  So, I've gotta run. Mom's time for Eutrapalia!  See you soon- hopefully with some fun photos from the mountains. I leave you with this final thought from my dear friend:

"Let your religion be less of a theory and more of a love affair."GK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waldorf What?

Eutrapalia - A Virtue For All Seasons (Extra-Specially SUMMERTIME)

Loving those Lap Books