Since You Asked….
For those who have been asking about the fairly recent turn around in my attitude and my physical appearance, here it is in a nutshell:
- Yes, I had the surgery.
- No, I would NOT do it over again if given the opportunity.
- Yes, I dropped a good bit of weight.
- No, it was not on purpose.
- Yes, it is a healthier weight (same that I weighed at age 24- if it was a healthy weight then, it is certainly a healthy weight for me now).
- No, it was not due to the treatment protocol (which, by the way, I declined).
- Yes, I am eating a plant based diet (85-95%).
- No, I haven't totally given up animal protein. (You could call me a "flexitarian")
- Yes, I am working out more often.
- No, still not as often as I should.
- Yes, Medishare paid for everything once I met the deducible.
- No, I am not seeing an oncologist anymore.
- Yes, I am planning to have a doctor monitor my health. *I just need to find one who will order the tests I need, without trying to coerce me into a treatment that is more life threatening than the original cancer.
- No, I am actually not particularly worried about recurrence.
- Yes, I feel fantastic.
For those who have no clue what I'm rambling about, the explanation can be found here. I took most of the "cancer talk" off the blog in order to focus on the original purpose of Classically Catholic. Now, back to the business of Classical Education and Catholic Family Life.