She's Alive

That's right folks, I am still kicking. Just not blogging. Because, you know, LIFE. It happens. And lots of activity is happening around here lately. No clue where to begin!  


Let's see. About a month ago I was complaining to God (as unfortunately is my habit) that I am restless, bored, and dissatisfied with my state in life. Can't a girl have some time to herself?  Since I recently had a 15 day adventure (that's a post in itself), I knew that wasn't a valid desire.  I remembered Mother Teresa saying "if we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other."  I read (somewhere) she once told one of her sisters that if she was dissatisfied, it must be that she was holding something back from God. So I asked what I was supposed to be doing, instead of daydreaming about how I would spend my free time (if it were up to me). 
BAM! It certainly didn't take long to learn the answer.  Since that prayer we have been flooded with opportunities to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, shelter the homeless, visit the sick, and even bury the dead. Seems like everyone around us has so many legit needs! Now I need to learn how to do it all charitably. Actually, being charitable to the sick and needy hasn't been the issue. It is being charitable to my poor husband when he comes home from work feeling like he has been placed on the back burner, while Wonder Woman runs herself ragged taking care of everyone else's needs except his. So I am back to the drawing board.  I did learn, very quickly, that my circle of concern and my circle of influence aren't always the same circle. So much frustration! Darn. I need to reread The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families .  Thank goodness I have a spiritual director to keep me on track. Charity. Humility. Patience. Balance. Boundaries. So many more lessons to learn.   Hopefully, I will remember to let you know how it all turns out. Meanwhile, my prayer intention journal is growing into multiple volumes. Anyone else notice that suffering, violence, loneliness, and disaster are on the increase these days? It all seems so futile. What can one person do?



 “Never worry about numbers. 
Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you.” 
Mother Teresa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waldorf What?

Eutrapalia - A Virtue For All Seasons (Extra-Specially SUMMERTIME)

Loving those Lap Books